We understand that there are several reasons that, even without a pandemic, make attending an in-person counseling session either difficult or impossible. Sometimes, life catches up with you, and nobody can be in two places at once. Our telehealth system allows us to schedule and hold remote therapy sessions over almost any device with no hassle. We will send you automated reminders and can seamlessly hold sessions via telehealth. Best of all, these Video Counseling Sessions are available to anyone in Texas, regardless of your location.
We Offer Video Counseling in Texas!
We’re living in a world that’s been transformed by unprecedented events. At Social House, our priority is connecting with you while keeping each other safe through the use of telehealth, aka video counseling.
At this time, Social House Wellness Center provides ALL sessions via video counseling
Telehealth Basics and Frequently Asked Questions
Are telemental health therapy sessions as good/effective as in-person visits?
The short answer? Absolutely! For some people, it’s actually more effective than an in-person visit!
Studies over the years have shown that clients who experience depression and anxiety, clients on the autism spectrum, and clients who experience effects of post-traumatic stress and ADHD benefit the most from teletherapy sessions.
Fun fact: Telemental health, telepsychiatry and video counseling have been a thing for quite some time now. (Since 1959, actually!)
The bottom line: researchers have had more than a hot minute to test the effectiveness of teletherapy, with positive results.
What platform do you use for telehealth appointments?
For our client portal, telehealth, notes and scheduling, we use a program called SimplePractice. SimplePractice, LLC, uses a HIPAA compliant software so your information will be securely kept.
Do I need to install anything to meet with you? Can I use my phone to virtually attend my appointment with you?
One of the great things about our telehealth platform is that you won’t have to make extra room on your devices just for your session … that is, unless you’d like to.
You won’t have to:
- download or install software or extensions
- enter a password or ID to access the session
- create an account or login into an account
Before your appointment, we’ll send you a reminder email with a link to your video session. This email will have the date and time of your appointment, along with three options in blue boxes to add the appointment to your Calendar App (through iCloud, Google, or Outlook respectively). There will be a blue hyperlink below those that will say: “Join Video Call.”
When you click this link, a new browser tab will open, and you’ll be asked to Enter Your Name, and then click “Join Video Call.” That’s it!
If you’d like to join your session on a mobile device, you’re welcome to download the SimplePractice app from either the iOS App Store or through the Google Play Store for Android .
What can I do to get ready for my telehealth appointment?
- Think about where you will feel most comfortable during your session. Find a suitable room that is quiet, private, and free of distractions.
- To keep background noise to a minimum, make sure to close any doors, shut windows, turn off the television, shut off fans, turn off notifications and keep loud pets in another room if possible. Consider hanging a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door to avoid interruptions.
If you live in an area with slow internet, this can really affect the speed of your connection. Here are some basic steps that can improve the overall quality:
- Use wired Ethernet instead of wifi whenever possible. Wifi will work, but you may experience a lag and interference, which can make your video and audio choppy. If you experience a lag or interference while using Wifi, we recommend moving closer to your router. However, wired internet will give you a much smoother, more consistent experience.
- Test your internet connection speed. Use the SimplePractice Internet Connection Test to make sure your device is set up for successful connection and audio/video quality.
- Close other programs. If you have several programs running in the background, closing them will almost certainly improve the quality. Also, make sure you’re not downloading any large files.
- Try turning off your video stream. When your video is turned on, there’s more strain on your internet connection which may impact the audio quality during a Telehealth session. If your audio becomes choppy, your connection may not be strong enough to support a live video stream. Turning off your camera, may help to improve the audio quality of the call.
If you are unable to connect, please contact us as soon as possible to see if we can help you troubleshoot.
If you are in need of video counseling in Texas please click the button to review our schedules and select a time that best fits you.
Or just call (832) 284-7354 to schedule an appointment by phone.
Video Counseling Can Make All The Difference!
Life comes at you fast and sometimes it’s just not possible to get the kids where they need to be and then come all the way across town in time for an in person appointment. No need to worry, we now offer video counseling sessions all across the great state of Texas so no matter where you are or where you live you can now work with a Social House professional from anywhere.
Everyone can benefit from video counseling so contact us so we can set up an introductory session.
Our team is ready to get you to a better place!
Text “TALK” to 741741
To learn more about our team go here.